Chess Quotes!

Play me! and listen to me!


Get a Voki now!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Learn from your own Mistakes!

Hello Everybody!
Here I present my own game with annotations with Delhi’s reputed Coach and rated player V S Negi. I played this in the Commonwealth Chess Tourney held recently……
This game features very good defensive skills for Kings Indian Attack.
You can see how I missed win at the last minute!

W:V S Negi 2130
B:Navalgund Niranjan 2065

1.e4 c5 2.d3 Nc6 3.g3 g6 4.Bg2 Bg7 5.Nf3 e6 Developing Knight on f6 looks odd especially when White can play e5 anytime. It will be a waste of time.6.0-0 Nge7 7.Re1 0-0 8.Nbd2 d5 9.Qe2 b6 10.h4 h6 In order to meet h5 with g5 And White will find it difficult to Attack further.11.Nf1 a5! 12.e5!? This often happens in the KIA White will soon have to play c3. 12…Ra7! This rook can be used as emergency!
13.Bf4 Ba6 Idea b5 and c4 14.Qd2 Kh7 15.Ne3 Ng8 16.Ng4 This is the maximum White can achieve on the Kingside. The king shield by Black cannot be easily demolished.16…b5 Black has good hopes on the Queenside as its not closed whereas White has no further plans on the Kingside as its closed. 17.Qe3!? In the game I thought that my opponent is trying to tempt me to play d4. But after d4 Black is in total command.17…d4! 18.Qe2 Nb4 19.a4 c4! =+ Black has good prospects on the Queenside. 20.Red1 I wonder whether it’s the only move! 20…cd3 21.cd3 ba4 22.Ra4 Bb5! Black is actively doing the defending job on the kingside and even on the Queenside…. 23.Ra3 Rc7! 24.Ne1 Rc5 26.Rc1 Rc1 27.Bc1 Qc7 The File belongs to Black! 28.Bf4 a4 Here we both were in time trouble. We were struggling in the seconds….. So I without thinking much I played a4. 29.b3?? Here I missed the winning continuation and after 2-3 moves we signed peace……
I will reveal the winning continuation at the end of the week.
Now it’s the time for you to find the Winning continuation missed by me here!
Its interesting. Give it a Try……. I will also give the end of the game at the end of the week. You can see how Black patiently defended on the King side and opened up the Queen side. If Black patiently defends this ATTACKING opening then 80% of game is in Black’s hand! But don’t underestimate this opening!!!!
The only thing I missed was the last continuation.
This I could have done easily if I had more time….
I want the solution with the Explanation of how you got the solution….
(Technique of assessment & Ability to think)
I would like to mention another important point here!
I would like to recommend you to go through the book “Learn from your own mistakes”
This book also teaches us about analyzing our own games.
We should never feel ashamed or think its insult to correct our mistakes Instead you have to stand stiff and be strong and correct the mistake as we still are Learners!!!!

By this explanation I would like to conclude my game annotation of this game……

Thank you
I hope you had a happy learning time here!
Keep Blogging www.chessindia.blogspot.com

No comments:

Welcome!!!!